Monday, February 16, 2009

Shoes shoes shoes


I have found a cute pattern for babies shoes online, and after a frustrating few attempts I have perfected the pattern and now am going crazy making shoes. Today I made three pairs! I have also been working on my own variation of a 'gym' for babies and some wrist rattles. Today I found some lemon flanelette at spotlight 110cm wide for $2 a meter. Perhaps tomorrow I will make some bassinet sheets as I only have one set. Maybe I could funk up the fabric with a bit of baby bling just for fun. Hmmmm
On another note my planting is not going so well. So far no sign of my wee stevia babies, and all the others seem to be a bit traumatised from being replanted outside. I have decided I wont bother mucking round with transplanting in the future, the seeds can grow or not grow where I put them. I am wondering about growing some ginger too, in all its 'genetically modified' thick root glory. Not sure if you can grow that here though.
I think I will move onto lotions and potions for a change tomorrow. There seems to be alot of wasps around so I want to make some sort of citronella concoxtion to repel them. Also I got some lovely beeswax from the honey lady at the market to make my babies bum balm or some nice calendula cream if I can find some flowers soon.
The ginger beer project is going very well. Andrew made a yummy one the other night with star anaise and it inspired me to have a play today. I have made 2 batches that are currently brewing for our wee party on friday, one with cinnamon and star anaise and one with cloves. I love cloves!!
Oh and to top it all off I got this cute wee ducky at the south Dunedin market the other day for $2! Bargin!

No comments:

Post a Comment