Monday, February 9, 2009

Ginger Beer

After talking with Nat the other night I got all inspired to try and make our own refreshing and delicious beverages. Sometimes we splash out and get a raro sachet but this is wayyyy better! I found a recipe for a quick and easy ginger beer and made it last night. Tonight I noticed that the container was 'undentable' (the apparent critera for this recipe to be done) so we cracked into it. It was delicious, a bit to my surprise since when I was making it I -spilled the sugar and kinda estimated some of the amounts-used grapefruit rind instead of lemon- and added an accidentally large amount of cinnamon. Something I didnt know was that all ginger beer is alcoholic (apart from the shop bought stuff I assume, they would have to tell you if it was) so I have only had a wee bit so far. I wonder if you could substitue the ginger for anything else, star anise maybe?? Cloves?? I feel some experimenting coming on............
No signs of the stevia babies yet, but the other seedlings are going mad and I hope I will soon be able to figure out exactly which one is which.

No comments:

Post a Comment